You are here
For the most current website for Key Request, please click the link below.
Instructions for Requesting Keys
E-mail key requests to Teresa Williams. The following information must be provided in your request:
- Name of person receiving key
- Building and room number(s)
- Core number from the lock. Please Note: The core number is NOT the number stamped on a key. It is an alpha-numeric code that is stamped into the metal by the key insertion slot of the lock. Adding a photo of the core to your email will expedite your request.
- Name of person authorizing the key assignment
- Contact phone number for verification
Guidelines for Requesting Keys
Requests for individual room keys and outside door keys must be approved and submitted by the Department Chair or approved designee (i.e. Department Secretary).
A department sub-master key will open all rooms that have core numbers beginning with the same letter/number combination. Those letters and/or numbers are the sub core code that you will need to provide. (Example: a 9A sub-master will open cores 9A10, 9A11, 9A12, 9A14, etc.) Requests for department sub-master keys must be approved and submitted by the Dean, Director, or their approved designee. Names and contact information for approved designees may be submitted by Department Chair, Dean, or Director via email to Teresa Williams.
Requestors will be notified via e-mail and/or phone call when keys are available to pick up. Individuals receiving keys must come to Facilities Management, located at 951 Sycamore St., to sign for their keys. Building Master keys will open every door in the corresponding building. Requests for Building Master keys must be approved by the Vice President who has authority over the requesting Department.