Dr. John "Ricky" Fergurson
- Ph.D. - Business, University of North Texas - 2017
- M.B.A. - Marketing, University of North Texas - 2015
- B.B.A. - General Business, University of Louisiana - Monroe - 2012
- sales and sales management
- Self-Image Congruence: An empirical look at consumer behavior in door-to-door sales - Journal of Managerial Issues, Pittsburg, KS - 2017
- The Paradox of Diminishing Returns: Measurement and Metrics for the Valuation of B2C Sales Professionals - Journal of Marketing Channels - 2020
- MINDFUL MARKETING: A STUDY OF THE MEDIATING EFFECT OF MINDFULNESS ON CONSUMER IMPULSE BUYING BEHAVIOR, BOTH ONLINE AND IN A RETAIL SETTING. 2019 Society for Marketing Advances Conference, 2019.
- SALESPEOPLE’S LINCHPIN ROLE: SALESPERSON RELATIONAL INCONGRUITY AND ITS IMPACT ON SALES PERFORMANCE AND CUSTOMER OWNERSHIP. 2018 AMS Annual (46th) Conference, 2018.
- Who Owns your Customer Relationships? Development of the “Customer Ownership” Scale. 2018 National Conference in Sales Management, 2018.
- The Salesperson’s Linchpin Role on Organizational Effectiveness and Relationship Performance. 2017 National Conference in Sales Management, 2017.
- B2B sales and sales management, relationship marketing, and marketing strategy
- Role: Member - Academic Affairs Fee Review Committee 2019
Dr. Ricky Fergurson, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Indiana State University. He earned his Ph.D. from the University of North Texas. Ricky currently teaches Professional Selling at SCOB. He taught for two years at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, FL before joining the faculty at Indiana State University. His teaching philosophy is a belief that all learning experiences should be engaging and enlightening. He draws on his experience in sales and marketing to incorporate real world issues into his classroom teachings.
His research and teaching interests include B2B Sales and Sales Management, Relationship Marketing, Marketing Strategy, and Consumer Behavior. His research has been published in the Journal of Managerial Issues. He has presented papers at several academic conferences including the Academy of marketing Science, the Society for Marketing Advances, National Conference in Sales Management, and the TX Ph.D. Research Conference. He has also been a reviewer for academic journals and conferences.
B.B.A - University of Louisiana - Monroe
M.B.A. - University of North Texas
Ph.D. - University of North Texas