Dr. Michael Hayden
- Other - 2022
- Ph.D. - Industrial Education and Technology, Iowa State University - 1989
- M.S. - Technology Education, Eastern Illinois University - 1984
- B.S. - Career Occupations, Eastern Illinois University - 1983
- A.A.S. - Machine Tool Technology, Danville Area Community College - 1981
- Technical subjects requiring skill, logic, and quantitative reasoning.
- Technical subjects requiring skill, logic, and quantitative reasoning. The managerial application of the preceding in industry and education.
Dr. Hayden has an AAS degree in Machine Tool Technology, a BS in Career Occupations, an MS in Technology Education, a PhD in Industrial Education and Technology from Iowa State University, and 64 credits of post-doctoral course work. He has work experience, including consulting, related to residential construction, drafting and design, manufacturing processes, and quality. He has taught approximately 90 different courses at the 7th grade through doctorate level in at 8 different institutions. For the past several years he has mostly taught courses related to quality, R&D, applied statistics, and workplace law. His research interests align with his teaching, certifications, and professional memberships. He has over 70 publications and presentations. His certifications include Manufacturing Engineer, Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, and Six Sigma Black Belt. He is a current member of ASEE, ASM, ASQ, & SME, having been an officer of most of those organizations. He is a licensed skydiver and certified SCUBA diver.