You are here
Child of Veteran and Public Safety Officer Supplemental Grant Program
Students who might be covered under the Veterans' portion of the CVO program include:
Some program restrictions apply, and financial assistance is limited to a maximum of 124 credit hours.
- The parent either listed Indiana as home of record at the time of enlistment in the armed forces of the United States OR resided in Indiana at least five (5) years before the student first applies for this tuition and fee exemption.
- Proof of residency may be requested by the Indiana Department of Veteran Affairs.
- The student must be the biological child or legally adopted dependent child of the veteran.
- Must be fully admitted as a degree-seeking student in an undergraduate or graduate program at Indiana State.
- The student must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- The student must have a current, official Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file.
- Students must file a FAFSA at least 30 days prior to the end of the academic term. The Commission will notify applicants and institutions of any edits that prevent a student from being offered or using the tuition and fee exemption programs.
How To Apply
The student must submit a one-time application in ScholarTrack. Applications will be routed for review with the following:
- Child or Spouse of Indiana National Guard by Indiana National Guard
- Child or Spouse of a Public Safety Officers by Commission for Higher Education
- Child of Disabled Veteran or Child or Purple Heart Recipients by Indiana Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Former Student of Indiana Soldiers' and Sailors' Children's Home by Indiana Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Indiana Purple Heart Recipients by Indiana Department of Veterans' Affairs
- For summer semester information and requirements - click here.
Faxed documents will not be accepted. If there are questions about eligibility for this program, the student should contact:
Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs
302 W. Washington Street, Rm. E-120
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Voice: (317) 232-3910 or (800) 400-4520
Fax: (317) 232-7721
The Child of Disabled Veteran fee remission pays up to 100% of regularly assessed tuition and fees at the undergraduate rate. In other words, graduate and professional students may use the CVO benefit, but will only be paid at the undergraduate rate per credit hour.
This award is capped at 124 credit hours. In general, students must use this award within eight years after the date of initial application.
For further information about how these grants work specifically at ISU, refer to this CVO Program Summary.
For eligibility requirements in full detail, as determined by the state of Indiana, visit http://www.in.gov/che/4498.htm
220 North Seventh Street
150 Tirey Hall
Indiana State University
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.