You are here

Taking Classes Elsewhere For ISU Credit

Review the requirements below regarding taking classes elsewhere for ISU credit.

Taking Classes at Another Campus  | Education Abroad  |  Other Enrollment Types


Taking Classes At Another Campus

Students taking classes at another campus may be eligible to complete a consortium agreement—an agreement between two universities that allows students to use financial aid for concurrent enrollment. Note that most aid programs, including loans, have specific minimum enrollment requirements. Visit Types of Aid for more information about our aid programs.

Eligibility Requirements

In order to be eligible for financial aid for classes taken at another University, students must do the following:

  • Complete the Consortium Agreement Form, including all four required fields:

    • The student's signature;
    • Written confirmation from a Dean or the Department Chair stating that enrollment is acceptable for ISU credit requirements;
    • Budget information as provided by the Host School's Financial Aid Office; and
    • Approval from ISU's Office of Student Financial Aid.
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • Be admitted as a degree-seeking student at ISU;
  • Arrange for academic transcripts to be sent to the home school at the completion of the semester. Future aid cannot disburse until academic transcripts have been received and reviewed.

Failure to meet these requirements may result in loss of financial aid eligibility. ISU also reserves the right to decline any consortium agreement on a case-by-case basis. Consortium agreements should be submitted within 21 days of the completion of the semester in order to allow adequate time for processing.

Other Enrollment Types

The following types of enrollment are not eligible for financial aid:

  • Courses taken while still in high school;
  • Enrollment in college courses while the student is incarcerated;
  • Year-based distance education courses with an open start date (section 620);
  • Certificate or licensure programs other than an initial certification to teach;
  • AOP or other summer-only programs;
  • Internship, co-op, research, or other experiential credit that is not reported in recognized registration credit hours; or
  • Independent study correspondence courses.



220 North Seventh Street
150 Tirey Hall
Indiana State University
Contact Us


Office Hours

Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Phone Hours

Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.