You are here
Entrance counseling is an online tutorial that provides detailed information about costs, budgeting, interest, and timelines. If you are a first time borrower of Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized or Graduate/Professional student PLUS loan you must complete entrance counseling. This process requires the borrower's FSA ID and password.
For assistance with applying for a new FSA ID, or on password retrieval, visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid.
Instructions are provided below.
- Log into StudentLoans.gov with your FSA information
- Select - Complete Loan Counseling (Entrance, Financial Awareness, Exit)
- Locate Entrance Counseling - Click Start
- Add school to notify: Indiana State University
- Select Student Type: Undergraduate or Graduate/Professional Student
- Click Continue
- Visit each section and complete the Check Your Knowledge questions.
- Understand Your Loans
- Manage Your Spending
- Plan to Repay
- Avoid Default
- Finances: A Priority
- After completion, click Submit Counseling
- Allow 48 business hours for ISU to process your electronic counseling. If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Entrance Counseling Instructions
(viewable with Chrome or Firefox web browsers).
220 North Seventh Street
150 Tirey Hall
Indiana State University
Current Office Hours
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Current Phone Hours
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.