You are here
Entrance counseling is an online tutorial that provides detailed information about costs, budgeting, interest, and timelines. If you are a first time borrower of Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized or Graduate/Professional student PLUS loan you must complete entrance counseling. This process requires the borrower's FSA ID and password.
For assistance with applying for a new FSA ID, or on password retrieval, visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid.
Instructions are provided below.
- Log into StudentAid.gov with your FSA information
- Confirm Your Information (3 steps)
- On the Account Dashboard click Complete Aid Process then select Complete Entrance Counseling
- From the Entrance Counseling page - click Start
- Visit the 8 section and complete the Check Your Knowledge questions.
- Notify Your School - Indiana State University
- Estimate the Cost of Your Education
- Paying for Your Education
- Federal Student Loans
- How Much Can You Expect to Borrow
- Prepare for Repayment After School
- Consequences of Not Repaying Student Loans
- After completion, click Submit
- Allow 3-5 business days for ISU to process your electronic counseling. If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Entrance Counseling Instructions
(viewable with Chrome or Firefox web browsers).
220 North Seventh Street
150 Tirey Hall
Indiana State University
Current Office Hours
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Current Phone Hours
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Special Hours for
MOVE IN WEEKEND
Saturday, August 14
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.