You are here
Entrance counseling is an online tutorial that provides detailed information about costs, budgeting, interest, and timelines. If you are a first time borrower of Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized or Graduate/Professional student PLUS loan you must complete entrance counseling. This process requires the borrower's FSA ID and password.
For assistance with applying for a new FSA ID, or on password retrieval, visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid.
Instructions are provided below.
- Log into StudentAid.gov with your FSA information
- Confirm Your Information (3 steps)
- On the Account Dashboard click Complete Aid Process then select Complete Entrance Counseling
- From the Entrance Counseling page - click Start
- Add school to notify: Indiana State University, be sure to click "Notify this School"
- Select Student Type: Undergraduate or Graduate/Professional Student
- Click Continue
- Visit each section and complete the Check Your Knowledge questions.
- Understand Your Loans
- Manage Your Spending
- Plan to Repay
- Avoid Default
- Finances: A Priority
- After completion, click Submit Counseling
- Allow 3-5 business days for ISU to process your electronic counseling. If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Entrance Counseling Instructions
(viewable with Chrome or Firefox web browsers).