You are here
Exit Counseling is an online tutorial that provides detailed information about preparing to repay your federal student loans. If you have received Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized or PLUS loan you must complete exit counseling each time you:
- Drop below half time enrollment
- Leave Indiana State University
This process requires the borrower's FSA ID and password. For assistance with applying for a new FSA ID, or on password retrieval, visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid.
Instructions are provided below.
1. Log into StudentLoans.gov with your FSA information.
2. Select - Complete Loan Counseling (Entrance, Financial Awareness, Exit)
3. Locate Exit Counseling - Click Start
4. Add school to notify: Indiana State University
5. Click - Notify this School, then click Continue.
6. Visit each section and complete the Check Your Knowledge questions.
a. Understand Your Loans
b. Plan to Repay
c. Avoid Default
d. Finances: A Priority
e. Repayment Information
7. After completion, click submit.
8. Allow 48 business hours for ISU to process your electronic counseling. If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Additional documentation on Federal Loan Exit Counseling is available. Find Out More>>
Federal Perkins Loans
Perkins Loan Borrowers must complete exit counseling in person by visiting the Office of the Controller in Parsons Hall 100. Failure to complete exit counseling will result in a hold being placed on the student account that will prevent graduation as well as access to academic transcripts.
220 North Seventh Street
150 Tirey Hall
Indiana State University
Current Office Hours
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Current Phone Hours
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.