You are here
Exit Counseling is an online tutorial that provides detailed information about preparing to repay your federal student loans. If you have received Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized or PLUS loan you must complete exit counseling each time you:
- Drop below half time enrollment
- Withdrawal / Leave Indiana State University
View our check list before you start this process - check list. This process requires the borrower's FSA ID and password. For assistance with applying for a new FSA ID, or on password retrieval, visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid.
Instructions are provided below.
1. Log into StudentAid.gov with your FSA information
2. Confirm Your Information (3 steps)
3. On the Account Dashboard click Manange Loans then select Complete Exit Counseling
4. From the Exit Counseling page - Click Start
5. Visit each section and complete the Check Your Knowledge questions:
a. Contact Settings (requires 2 references and selection of ISU to notify)
b. Basics About My Loans
c. Preparing to Repay
d. Determining Your Repayment Strategy
e. Exit Counseling Summary
6. Allow 3-5 business days for ISU to process your electronic counseling. If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Additional documentation on Federal Loan Exit Counseling is available. Find Out More>>
Federal Perkins Loans
Perkins Loan Borrowers must complete exit counseling in person by visiting the Office of the Controller in Parsons Hall 100. Failure to complete exit counseling will result in a hold being placed on the student account that will prevent graduation as well as access to academic transcripts.