You are here
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) program provides financial assistance to undergraduates with exceptional financial need.
- Have a valid FAFSA on file;
- Qualify for the Federal Pell Grant;
- Enroll in 6 or more credit hours;
- The expected family contribution (EFC) according to the FAFSA must be 0;
- Be working toward his or her first bachelor's degree;
- Demonstrate exceptional financial need; and
- Be making satisfactory academic progress.
No separate application is required for this program.
Awards are posted for $500 per year, depending on need. Grant amounts can vary based on availability of funding at the time of application. FSEOG may be used during the summer term if funding is available.
Notification and Disbursement
If eligible, the FSEOG will be listed on the student's award notification, as well as posted to the MyISU Portal account.
Funds are applied directly to the student's ISU account approximately ten days before the start of the applicable semester.