You are here

Frequently Asked Questions

Listed below are answers to frequently asked questions. Click the question to reveal the answer. For further assistance, contact Student Financial Aid.

Need help with the FAFSA?

Which year's income and tax information is required?

Why do I need an FSA ID?

Where can I get more money than what I have been awarded?

How do I buy my books if I don't have my financial aid yet?

When is my aid going to disburse?

Where is my loan money?

How do I find my 1098T?

What is Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)?

What does Verification mean?

Why can't you give me information about my son/daughter's account?

How can I get an SEL/Emergency Book Loan?

Can I use financial aid to cover off campus living expenses?

My parent signed a Financial Aid electronic form, but I haven't received it, why?

If I’m graduating in the fall, will my federal student loans be different?

What happens to my Financial Aid if I drop a class?

What is Federal Work Study and how do I get it?

Do I need to complete an Expected Enrollment form?



Resources for Financial Aid

There are many resources available on this website to help you with your Financial Aid questions.  Here are a few links that may assist you:


Still can't find your answers?  Contact Us!





220 North Seventh Street
150 Tirey Hall
Indiana State University
Contact Us


Office Hours

Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Phone Hours

Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.