You are here
To be eligible for consideration for a federal loan, a graduate student must be:
- A U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Admitted into an ISU graduate degree or a required teacher certification.
- Note: certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid.
- Enrolled in at least 5 credit hours
- Not in default on an educational loan or owe an overpayment on a federal education grant or other federal debt, or has made satisfactory arrangements to repay that debt
- Maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress
In addition, the Federal Graduate Plus Loan requires that the student be creditworthy.