You are here
National Guard Supplemental Grant
Through a partnership with the Indiana National Guard, the Commission guarantees 100% of tuition and regularly assessed fees for eligible members of the Indiana Air and Army National Guard. Students can attend either full time or part time and receive the National Guard Tuition Supplemental Grant.
- Have submitted a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Indiana State University (school code is 001807) must be listed on the students FAFSA;
- Be a member of the Indiana Air or Army National Guard in active drilling status;
- Student must not have been AWOL at any time during the 12 months prior to their enrollment in college or any academic term.
- Have completed an application in ScholarTrack, each semester;
- Be working toward his or her first bachelor's degree;
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
If questions arise about Indiana National Guard eligibility and certification, the student should start with his or her unit commander.
- The grant pays up to 100% of tuition and regularly assessed fees at the undergraduate rate.
- Funds are available for fall and spring semesters only, and are capped at 8 semesters. The Indiana National Guard reserves the right in cooperation with the state to revoke for cause the NGSG at any time.
Notification and Disbursement
If eligible, National Guard Supplemental Grant will be listed on the student's award notification as well as posted to the MyISU Portal account. Funds are applied directly to the student's account approximately nine days before the start of the applicable semester. Students can check their eligibility for state awards on their ScholarTrack account.
For more information visit: https://www.in.gov/che/4516.htm
220 North Seventh Street
150 Tirey Hall
Indiana State University
Current Office Hours
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Current Phone Hours
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.