You are here
Indiana National Guard Supplemental Grant
The Indiana National Guard Supplemental Grant guarantees up to 100% of tuition for eligible members of the Indiana Air and Army National Guard who are in active drilling status.
The student must:
- Be certified by his or her unit commander at the beginning of each term
- Submit a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15
- Enroll in 12 credit hours or more for a full-time award; less than 12 credit hours qualifies for a partial grant; must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Be an Indiana or Illinois resident
- Be working toward his or her first bachelor's degree
- Submit an application each term to:
Rochanda Johnson SPC
INARNG – State Education & Incentives NCOIC
9301 East 59th Street, Ste 103
Lawrence, Indiana 46216
If questions arise about Indiana National Guard eligibility and certification, the student should start with his or her unit commander.
The grant pays up to 100% of regularly assessed tuition and fees at the undergraduate rate.
Funds are available for fall and spring terms only, and are capped at 8 semesters. The Indiana National Guard reserves the right, in cooperation with the state, to revoke for cause the NGSG at any time
Disbursement of Funds
Funds are applied directly to the student's ISU account after the University certifies enrollment. This typically takes place after the fourth week of classes.
For further information, visit Indiana National Guard Supplemental Grant.
For information about the National Guard Extension Scholarship available for former Guard members, click here.