You are here
Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment
Complete the Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment (ASLA) each year that you accept a new federal student loan. ASLA helps you to understand your responsibilities to repay your loan, how much you have borrowed and how much more your can borrow. If you borrow a Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized, Graduate/Professional student PLUS, or Parent PLUS loan it is optional to complete this acknowledgment. This process requires the borrower's FSA ID and password.
This is optional.
For assistance with applying for a new FSA ID, or on password retrieval, visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid.
Instructions are provided below.
- Log into StudentAid.gov with your FSA information
- Confirm Your Information (3 steps)
- On the Account Dashboard click Complete Aid Process then select Complete Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment
- From the Annual Student Loan Ackowledgment page - click Start
- Review current outstanding Federal Loan amounts
- Review your lifetime Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loan avaialbility
- Review current amount of Grants received
- Check the box if you understand the amount of aid you have received
- Click Submit
- Allow 3-5 business days for ISU to process your Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment. If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.
220 North Seventh Street
150 Tirey Hall
Indiana State University
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.