You are here
ISU Academic Need-Based Grant
Indiana State University offers the ISU Academic Need-Based Grant to undergraduate students (sophomores, juniors, and seniors) to promote access to postsecondary education.
- Have a valid Free Application Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file;
- Qualify for the Federal Pell Grant;
- Be enrolled in 12 or more credit hours;
- Must have entered ISU as a first-time freshmen in 2018-19, 2019-20, or 2020-21;
- Admitted by May 1 of 2019, 2020 or 2021 with a High School GPA of 2.75 or higher;
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards;
- Not awarded a Sycamore Need-Based Grant;
- No separate application is required for this program. Funds are limited;
- To be awarded this grant, students must have entered ISU and met the eligibility requirements during the fall semester of freshman year.
The award amount is $1,000 a year.
Notification and Disbursement
If eligible, the ISU Academic Need-Based Grant will be listed on the student's award notification as well as posted to the ISU Portal account. Funds are applied directly to the student's ISU account approximately ten days before the start of the applicable semester.