You are here
ISU Academic Need-Based Grant
Indiana State University offers the ISU Academic Need-Based Grant to undergraduate students to promote access to postsecondary education.
- Have a valid Free Application Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file;
- Qualify for the Federal Pell Grant;
- Be enrolled in 12 or more credit hours;
- Cumulative High School GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale;
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards;
- Not awarded a Sycamore Need-Based Grant;
- No separate application is required for this program. It is part of the packaging process;
- This grant is open to eligible Indiana and out-of-state residents. It is not open to international students or returning ISU students;
- To be awarded this grant, students must be entering ISU fall semester.
The award amount is $1,000 a year.
Notification and Disbursement
If eligible, the ISU Academic Need-Based Grant will be listed on the student's award notification as well as posted to the ISU Portal account. Funds are applied directly to the student's ISU account approximately ten days before the start of the applicable semester.
220 North Seventh Street
150 Tirey Hall
Indiana State University
Current Office Hours
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Current Phone Hours
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.