You are here
ISU Academic Need-Based Grant
Indiana State University offers the ISU Academic Need-Based Grant to undergraduate students to promote access to postsecondary education.
- All incoming freshmen who are admitted to the University by June 1 will be automatically considered for this grant. No additional application is required.
- This grant is open to eligible Indiana and out-of-state residents. It is not open to international students or returning ISU students.
- To be considered, candidates must have a cumulative High School grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, file the FAFSA (Free Application Federal Student Aid) by March 10, and be Pell eligible.
- Renewal requires Satisfactory Academic Progress, consecutive full-time enrollment, filing the ISU Portal account. Funds are applied directly to the student's ISU account approximately ten days before the start of the applicable semester.a
- To be awarded this grant, students must be entering ISU fall semester.
The award amount is $1,000 a year, renewable for three additional years.
Notification and Disbursement
If eligible, the ISU Academic Need-Based Grant will be listed on the student's award notification as well as posted to the ISU Portal account. Funds are applied directly to the student's ISU account approximately ten days before the start of the applicable semester.