You are here
Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship
The Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship provides up to 200 high-achieving high school and college students interested in pursuing a career in education the opportunity to earn a renewable scholarship.
- Have submitted a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Indiana State University (school code is 001807) must be listed on the students FAFSA;
- Have completed an application in ScholarTrack;
- Have provided a signed nomination form completed by a school official whom they would like to serve as their nominator;
- Have participated in the Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship Interview Days;
- Have agreed in writing to teach under IC_20_28_5 and must teach for at least 5 consecutive years at an eligible Indiana school or repay the corresponding, prorated amount of the scholarship after receiving a teaching license;
- Completed a Promissory Note for the Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship;
- Be enrolled full time (at least 12 credit hours) before the last day of the term to receive State Aid;
- Additional eligibility requirements can be found at: https://www.in.gov/che/4680.htm.
Up to $7500 over the award year, not exceeding the Cost of Attendance.
- Student must file a FAFSA for all consecutive years;
- Complete a Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship application each year in ScholarTrack;
- GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- IMPORTANT: Indiana Commission for Higher Education (ICHE) requires that students meet the following credit completion standard to receive their On-Time award:
- Earn 30 completed credit hours per academic year
Notification and Disbursement
If eligible, the Next Generation Hoosier Educator Scholarship will be listed on the student's award notification as well as posted to the MyISU Portal account. Funds are applied directly to the student's account approximately nine days before the start of the applicable semester. Students can check their eligibility for state awards on their ScholarTrack account.
220 North Seventh Street
150 Tirey Hall
Indiana State University
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.