You are here
Ethics & Social Responsibility
One course from the following:
- Understand the historical and philosophical bases of ethical decision-making and social responsibility;
- Use independent thinking, critical analysis, and reasoned inquiry when assessing personal, professional, and societal issues;
- Demonstrate the ability to make personal and professional decisions by applying knowledge and skills obtained from the study of ethics and theories of social responsibility; and
- Articulate how their ethical framework and understanding of social responsibility shape their actions.
Skill Applied Learning Requirements
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop critical thinking skills.
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop information literacy skills.
- Include a graded writing component, which whenever possible is developmental.
- Must give students the opportunity to apply what they are learning to real world scenarios.
- Must include opportunities for experiential learning or community engagement.
- Must give students the opportunity to identify and solve problems.
- Must incorporate opportunities for students to critically read and analyze text-based materials beyond textbooks (e.g., novels, classical literature, primary sources, science journals, poems, lyrics, blogs, etc.).