You are here
Ph. D. with Sport Management concentration
Want more information? Complete our Information Request Form.
Do you want to become a college professor in the area of sport management?
- This degree program has been designed to focus on teaching sport management in a higher education environment. It is the only degree of its kind in North America.
- This is a unique Ph.D. designed specifically to prepare sport management professionals to teach in higher education.
- The degree program consists of a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in sport management (30 credit hours).
- The student will complete two teaching internships including face-to-face instruction as well as preparing distance education courses for the on-campus sport management undergraduate and graduate programs.
To earn a doctoral degree, a student must meet the following minimum course work requirements:
- Complete all general and academic requirements of the College of Graduate and Professional Studies as well as specific requirements of the student’s chosen degree program.
- Have completed Master’s degree in sport management or enroll in and complete the Indiana State University Master’s degree in sport management prior to admission to the Ph.D. program.
- Complete a minimum of 72 hours of graduate course work, exclusive of the dissertation, with a grade point average of 3.5 or above.
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours of doctoral program work at Indiana State University with a grade point average of 3.5 or above.
- At least one-half of the work toward the doctorate must be in courses numbered 600 or above.
Teaching in higher education