SON Undergraduate Curriculum and Assessment Committee
Authority of the Undergraduate Curriculum and Assessment Committee
- Develop, implement, maintain, and lead the curricula and assessment for the BSN Tracks.
Functions of the Undergraduate Curriculum and Assessment Committee
- Makes recommendations to the faculty for course and curricular changes that are consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the program.
- Reviews new course and program proposals, revisions, deletions, and banking.
- Makes curriculum and program recommendations/revisions based on program evaluation data and trends in nursing education.
- Reports trends and recommendations related to the curriculum to the undergraduate nursing faculty.
- Regularly reviews and revises program outcomes and curriculum to maintain congruence with best practices and developments in nursing education and nursing practice.
- Supports a culture of data-driven decisions to inform the strategic plan to develop and implement new programs in response to anticipated demands and trends in nursing education and practice.
- Contributes to the advancement of student engagement and ensures a culture of diversity, inclusivity, equity, and civility as defined by AACU.
- Establishes sub-committees and task forces as necessary.
- Reviews the state and national nursing accreditation standards routinely to ensure and document compliance and congruence across the curriculum.
- Ensures that discipline specific competencies (AACN, ANA, and NLN) are fully integrated across the entire undergraduate curriculum.
- Defines the content of the curriculum, determines the sequencing of courses, and reviews/evaluates existing courses.
- Reviews the baccalaureate outcomes routinely and records annually.
- Reviews and approves the program/concentration assessment plans as scheduled.
- Reviews the university assessment plan annually.
- Review and approve undergraduate student handbooks.
Officers - 2021-2022
- Co - Chairs - Linda McQuiston
- Vice Chair (Chair-elect) - Ami Stone
- Secretary - Linda Walters
- Heather Anderson
- Renee Bauer
- Kailee Burdick
- Lea Ann Camp
- Emily Cannon
- Donna Crawford
- Candy DeCourville
- Nancy Hudlun
- Kathleen Huun
- Andreas Kummerow
- Somer Nourse
- Jan Weust
- Student - Campus - Matt Stetler
- Student - Distance -
- The Undergraduate Curriculum and Assessment Committee shall consist of a minimum of five faculty appointed or elected by the Faculty Assembly who teach in the undergraduate baccalaureate nursing tracks.
- There shall be at least two faculty members from undergraduate distance tracks and two faculty from undergraduate campus tracks.
- There should be at minimum one student from a campus and one student from a distance track.
- There should be an attempt to have at least one student from each track. Students serve as non-voting members.
- Faculty teaching in graduate tracks are also permitted to serve as members on this committee if desired.
- The majority of UCAC membership shall consist of undergraduate faculty.
- All nursing faculty are encouraged to attend the meetings and have a speaking seat on the committee.
- Non-voting Ex-Officio members:
- Executive Director - Lea Hall
- Associate Director of Academics - Marcee Everly
- Associate Director of Students - Jill Moore
- All nursing faculty not on the committee
- Emeritus/Emeriti retirees
- All staff
- Meetings (except executive sessions) are open to members of the faculty, administration, staff, and students.