You are here
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Indiana State University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program Preview Day!!
April 8, 2017 11:00 am to 3:00 pm - No Registration Required
Come tour our facilities meet the faculty, staff, and current DPT students and come ready with questions!
- There will be two short information and meet and greet sessions available, beginning at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- From 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm, there will be stations open throughout our facilities for informal demonstrations and questions.
- Campus Tours and snacks will also be offered.
We are pleased to announce that the DPT program at Indiana State University was granted Candidacy Status by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
The program is approved to enroll students and began its inaugural class May, 2015. The application process for next year’s class will begin in July and end October 1, 2017. The program uses PTCAS, the centralized application service for PT programs.
The mission of the Doctor of Physical Therapy program is to provide a supportive, student-focused learning environment that encourages and educates individuals to develop into compassionate, clinically and culturally competent licensed physical therapists who are productive citizens. The physical therapy curriculum will allow opportunities for scholarship, community engagement, and professional service, in addition to in-depth learning in human movement. The program will emphasize ways in which future physical therapists can contribute to the health equity of all, including rural and/or underserved populations.
Applications will be accepted from July 2017 until October 1, 2017 for the DPT class entering summer of 2018.
Applications will be accepted beginning July 2017 for the DPT class entering summer of 2018. Please have all GRE scores sent to our NEW program specific code: 1710 - Indiana St U PTCAS
- The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Indiana State University participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS. Applicants applying to the entry-level physical therapist education program for the 2017 entering class will apply online using the PTCAS application beginning in July 2017. To learn more about PTCAS, visit www.ptcas.org.
- Verification of observation hours is required. Applicants are encouraged to have their PT observation hours verified electronically through PTCAS at the time they apply, rather than use a paper form. However, paper forms uploaded as an attachments to the PTCAS application are also accepted.
- Interviews will be held in November of 2017.