Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Starting with the 2020-2021 application cycle, we are waiving the required minimum GRE score of 290. However, all applicants are required to submit GRE Scores. We encourage you to review the average scores of previous cohorts to determine competitiveness.
|GRE (v)||GRE (q)||IN Resident||ISU
- We recognize that COVID-19 has changed academic plans across the country in ways that are outside of the student’s control. Our program will accept pass/fail grades for Spring 2020 courses with no disadvantage to the applicant. To enable us to make informed admission decisions, we do encourage as much coursework as possible be taken which is traditionally graded(vs. pass/fail); this is especially true of our prerequisites.
We realize that due to the difficulties associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, it may be difficult for applicants to accumulate the necessary 60 hours of observation. For the 2020-21 application cycle, we are being flexible with the minimal required observation hours. Applicants who do not meet the minimal required hours are expected to explain any special circumstances which prevented completion of this requirement. Within the PTCAS application, applicants are encouraged to explain how they were personally or professionally affected by COVID-19.
- CASPer scores will be required for applications submitted during the 2020-2021 application cycle.
- Instructions on initiating the CASPer testing process
Application Deadline - Applications will be accepted until October 1, 2020 for the DPT class entering Summer of 2021.
Applications will be accepted beginning July 1, 2020 for the DPT class entering Summer of 2021. Please have all GRE scores sent to our NEW program specific code: 1710 - Indiana St U PTCAS
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Indiana State University participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS.
- Applicants applying to the entry-level physical therapist education program for the 2021 entering class will apply online using the PTCAS application beginning in July 1, 2020. Learn more at the PTCAS website
- Only DPT Students selected for the May 2021 class start date will be required to apply to the ISU Supplemental Graduate Application.
- Bachelor's Degree
- GRE Scores
- Verification of observation hours is required. Applicants are encouraged to have their PT observation hours verified electronically through PTCAS at the time they apply, rather than use a paper form. However, paper forms uploaded as an attachments to the PTCAS application are also accepted.
- Interview dates pending.
- Admission Requirements / Prerequisite Courses
- For additional information, please contact our Admissions Coordinator
Mrs. Holly Wolf via email
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Indiana State University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 812-237-4428 or email email@example.com
* Provide feedback about the ISU DPT Program to Howell Tapley, PT, PhD, OCS, Program Director.