Driver Education Instructor Training
Want to know more about this license? Request more information
Indiana State University’s Driver Education License Program is recognized by the American Driver and Traffic Safety Education Association to provide teacher training for traffic safety educators.
Indiana State University’s Driver Education Instructor Training program offers 9 credit hours that prepare one to instruct driver education.
- can be completed on campus or through distance learning
- only program that blends classroom, laboratory, and range and on-the-road instruction
- courses are developed and taught by Indiana State University faculty.
Our program is ideal for:
- Currently licensed teachers wanting to add driver education as a subject area for public or private schools, or
- Individuals wanting to teach driver education in commercial setting.
This license can be an additional license for all grade or secondary content teacher’s license with the Indiana Professional Standard Board through the Indiana Department of Education.
A candidate, who has successfully completed 60 undergraduate credits and the Driver Education License, can qualify to make application through their recognized school or agency to the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles for a commercial school instructor credential.
Phone 812.237.3079 or 812.237.8607
College of Health and Human Services Building
401 N 4th Street Room 432
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Google Map: Location of the Department of Applied Health Sciences