You are here
Driver Education Instructor Training
Indiana State University’s Driver Education Instructor Training program offers 9 credit hours that prepare one to instruct driver education.
- can be completed on campus or through distance learning
- only program that blends classroom, laboratory, and range and on-the-road instruction
- courses are developed and taught by Indiana State University faculty.
Our program is ideal for:
- Currently licensed teachers wanting to add driver education as a subject area for public or private schools, or
- Individuals wanting to teach driver education in commercial settings.
Indiana State University’s Driver Education License Program is recognized by the American Driver and Traffic Safety Education Association to provide teacher training for traffic safety educators.
This license can be an additional license for all grade or secondary content teacher’s license with the Indiana Professional Standard Board through the Indiana Department of Education. A candidate, who has successfully completed 60 undergraduate credits and the Driver Education License, can qualify to make application through their recognized school or agency to the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles for a commercial school instructor credential.