You are here
LPN-BSN track - BSN
Want more information? Complete our Information Request form
The LPN-BSN track is a means through which LPN / LVNs may complete a bachelor of science in nursing degree and achieve eligibility to apply to take the RN licensure examination
- Full-time or part-time
- Web based distance learning with local clinical experiences
- Listing of States that recognize the LPN-BSN track
- Map of States that recognize the LPN-BSN track
- Circumstances such as moving to an unapproved state or deployment of U.S. military or their family members outside the continental United States must be communicated to the appropriate department and will impact progression and/or completion of the degree.
- No trips to campus required
Successful completion of the program requirements makes you eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN through the Indiana Board of Nursing. The NCLEX-RN may be taken anywhere in the country and if successfully passed, will result in an Indiana Registered Nursing License. Graduates of the program can then proceed to request an endorsed license in the state in which they reside. Please contact your state licensing authority to assure that, upon completion of the Indiana State University LPN/LVN to BSN track of the baccalaureate nursing program, you are qualified to obtain a license or other form of certification.
LPN Transcript Evaluation / PreNursing University Application
The LPN Transcript Evaluation / PreNursing application is for LPN’s who wish to determine eligibility for the LPN-BSN online track at Indiana State University.
Upon receipt of all transcripts (must be sent directly from the educational institution) and the one-time, non-refundable $75 evaluation fee and $25 non-refundable application fee, Indiana State University will review each transcript and determine eligibility for the LPN-BSN track.
- This evaluation is required for each student. Notice of eligibility will be sent via the email provided on the transcript evaluation/PreNursing application.
- Specific program deficiencies will be identified.
- With this PreNursing program, one will be allowed to enroll at Indiana State University and take needed pre-requisites that are available.
- The evaluation fee will not need to be paid again.
Note to Online Learners Residing Outside of Indiana: This program is not available in every state. For a complete list of available states, see https://www.indstate.edu/health/lpn-bsn-track-recognized-listed-states or http://www.indstate.edu/health/states-recognize-lpn-bsn-track
UNIVERSITY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
In order to request transcript evaluation, general admission standards must be met:
- Good standing at last accredited institution attended
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) in all college level studies
NOTE: Transferable hours are restricted to courses in which the applicant earned a grade of "C" or higher, and courses at the 100-level (and above) from regionally accredited colleges and universities. Credit from nationally accredited colleges and universities will not transfer.
Be sure to select LPN Transcript Evaluation / PreNursing
Advisor Phone Appointment
- After you have been formally admitted to Indiana State University, you may utilize this NEW online system Academic Advising - Appointment Scheduler Login to schedule an appointment with a Nursing Advisor - either Kim Kimbler or Jacob Jenkins.
- Instructions on how to set up an appointment are located at https://advisorscheduler.indstate.edu/ac/login.php so you will be familiar with the system.
- Instructions are on the Login page, with the “Click Here” button.
- Using this system will assist you with quicker response time and alleviate phone-tag.
- Please be aware of the Eastern Time Zone for all appointments and set up for your calendar.
- This Advisor Phone Appointment is only to review nursing prerequisites and transfer courses.
- All other LPN-BSN Track questions are included in the LPN-BSN Program Summary Document
LPN-BSN Track Admission Information
Applicants to the LPN-BSN Track are ranked using three criteria:Overall cumulative GPA range for nine (9) nursing prerequisites: 3.0 to 4.0 ENG 101, ENG 105, PSY 101, COMM 101, MATH, BIO 231/231L, BIO 241/241L, BIO 274/274L, CHEM 100/100L Kaplan Admission Test (KAT) Benchmark minimum requirements:77% overall Verbal and/or Video interview(s)
LPN-BSN Track Application Process
The Prerequisite Checklist identifies the nine (9) courses that MUST be COMPLETED prior to admission to the LPN-BSN Track It takes 4 - 6 weeks to evaluate transcripts once ALL transcripts have been received. Be sure to allow for this timeframe. Students must contact all previous higher education institutions** (including LPN Certificate training) and high school, all examination scores (CLEP, DSST, Excelsior, and TCN exams) and request that they send transcripts directly from that institution to Indiana State University. A transcript may be submitted electronically through Parchment/Naviance or mailed to: Indiana State University Office of Admissions 318 N. 6th Street Terre Haute, IN 47809 **Note:
- Applicants who have received college credit from an institution outside the U.S. must submit an official copy of the transcript to Indiana State University Admissions Office (International Department) for an official evaluation to determine U.S. equivalency.
- Applicants who have a course-by-course evaluation completed by WES may submit an official copy of the report to ISU in addition to official transcripts, but the WES does not take the place of an Official Transcript.
- Students who have not previously attended a U.S. institution must also demonstrate English language proficiency, by submitting an official report of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score from ETS (Educational Testing Services).
Additional LPN-BSN Information