Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques (MAT)
A myoskeletal therapist doesn’t just treat plantar fasciitis, bum knees, painful SI joints or functional scoliosis in isolation but searches for compensatory kinks that initiate pain-spasm-pain cycles.
- Assess and Treat Spiral Engine
- Forward Bending and Stork Tests
- Anatomical Landmarks
- Rib Spring Technique
- Groove Work
- Sacral Base Decompression
Myofascial and bony fixations along the kinetic chain soon manifest as strain or pain elsewhere. We will work through dozens of creative techniques to find and fix flat feet, knock-knees. Short legs and pelvic pain syndromes.
- Supine Assessments
- Pelvic Assessments
- Ilium Spring Test
- Sacroiliac Spring Test
- SI Joint Mobility
- Feet and Ankles: Assess and Treat
- Fascial Balancing Work
- Knees: Assess and Treat
- Assessing Tibial and Fibular Glide
- Ida Rolf’s “Log Roll”
- Patellofemoral Syndrome
We will also delve deeper into the body’s anti-gravity spring system to lift fallen arches, decompress adhesive hip capsules and stabilize misaligned pelvic bones. Learn unique compaction / traction, articular pumping and client assisted abdominal releases.
- Pelvis and Abdomen
- Tigney’s Si Joint Routine
- Inflair / Outflare Dysfunction
- Psoas Release
- Closing Stretches
- Upslip Correction
- Counter Rotate Torso & Pelvis
- Feet and Ankles: Assess & Treat
- Foot & Ankle work
- Spindle Stimulating Technique
- Plantar Fasciitis
Pelvic Girdle ligament must stretch to provide shock absorption for the spine. But injury and overuse can “jar or jam” articulating joint surfaces creating reflex psoas, QL and piriformis myospasm. Alignment techniques to reduce ligament micro-treating and sciatic nerve are introduced.
- Knees & Hips
- Spindle-Stim Technique
- Piriformis & SI Joint Release
- Sacral Base Decompression
- Sacral Roll
- Lumbar Spring Test
Human gait must have fluid rotary motion through the body’s core. Thus, pelvic floor damage resulting from child birthing, hysterectomies, a hooked coccyx, or other problems, jeopardizes gait efficiency and core stability. These lengthening and toning routines help restore firing order, relieve dural drag, and fuel spinal engine efficiency.
- Ankles and Knees
- Hip Abductors
This training closes with problem solving of complex lumbo-pelvic disorders. Special spinal unwinding, articular springing and deep myofascial balancing maneuvers gently unlock chronic facet capsule fixations while restoring proper spinal curves. Myoskeletal Therapy complements all types of bodywork with practical strategies to alleviate reflex muscle guarding and joint blockage.
- SI Joint and Spine: Assess and Treat
- Unilateral Flexed and Extended Sacrums
- Sacroiliac and Low Back Routines
Learn how to localize down to the dysfunctional lesion to help with chronic client issues such as:
- Neck Cricks
- Dowager’s Humps
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Rib Pain
- Visceral Dysfunction
- Breathing Problems
- Nerve Pinches
- Forward Head Postures
Dalton's "Dirty-Dozen" Techniques
- 12 deep tissue, myofascial release, assisted stretching, joint capsule routines and specialize spindle-stimulating maneuvers to promote myoskeletal balance.
Myoskeletal Zone Therapy
- Learn how 3rd trimester fetal development leads to predictable torsional patterns manifesting as chronic head, neck, rib, low back and visceral pain.
- Relieve pain caused by conditions such as whiplash, migraines, scoliosis, and dural drag. Learn low-force "receptor recoil" techniques to restore soft tissue pain free movement.
Sycamore Center for Wellness and Applied Medicine
567 North 5th Street, Room 265
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Google Map: Location of the Department of Applied Medicine and Rehabilitation