Since 1991, the program has had a nearly 100% placement rate for graduates. The graduate program was designed to keep the instructor-to-student ratio small, allowing opportunities for students and faculty to develop close working relationships.
The 100% Online Master of Science in Sport Management is designed to meet the demands of working interscholastic athletic administrators. This web-based program is targeted to highly motivated individuals and will allow students the ability to increase their understanding of the field of Athletic Administration without altering their personal and professional schedules. Emphasis is placed on preparing individuals for the ever changing economic, political, legal, and marketing concerns that are a part of the sports industry.
- Plan of Study / Advising Worksheet for 2020 admission
- Plan of Study / Advising Worksheet Summer 2019 and Fall 2019 admission
- Director of Athletics
- College Scouting Assistant
- Media Relations Manager
- Professional Scout
- Sports Broadcasting
- Sports Ticketing
- Professional Sports Franchise
- Sports Writer
Benefits of Online Education
- Lower total costs
- Convenience and flexibility
- Greater ability to concentrate
- Career advancement
- Improve technical skills
Terms and Deadlines
The following are the steps for applying to the College of Graduate and Professional Studies (CGPS) and the Master of Science in Sport Management:
A complete application includes:
- An online completed application. (There is a $45.00 application processing fee.)
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or a master’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required.
- A Statement of Purpose essay - included in the application process - that describes your area of interest. Describe what experience you have in your field, your research (if applicable), and how graduate school will help you reach your career goals.
- One complete set of official transcripts of all previously earned credits to be sent directly to Graduate Admissions, Welcome Center, 318 North Sixth Street, Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904
- A list of three (3) references (name, title, e-mail address, phone number)
- A resume or curriculum vita (CV)
- The student can transfer up to nine credits of comparable graduate coursework with a grade of “B” or better.
- Fall Cohort (August start) - June 30
- Spring Cohort (January start) - November 15
- Summer Cohort (May start) - March 15
Applications are reviewed once a month by the faculty.
- Review dates for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Fall Cohort
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through June 30
- Fall Cohort
Upon successful completion of this program, students will have / be able to:
- Furthered their knowledge through an application based course structure designed to enhance skills and competencies in athletic administration.
- Utilize current working problems within the profession in order to assess solutions to established needs; and
- Build a professional networking base that allows for the sharing of issues and problems in order to integrate a logical problem solving paradigm in the solution process.
This program goes beyond theoretical instruction and provides knowledge, skills, and professional expertise in the fields of athletic administration. This program is designed to prepare interscholastic athletic administrators for the leadership skills requires as the discipline in athletic administration grows.
Graduate students may be eligible for federal student loans if they are admitted into graduate degrees (or first-time teacher certification programs) and meet other eligibility requirements. Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid. Private alternative loans can help students pay college expenses that may not be covered by federal loan programs or other financial aid. For more information, visit Student Financial Aid
In addition, students may be eligible for payment plans and veterans benefits. On-campus degree-seeking students may be eligible for special scholarships for residents of Illinois, Kentucky, Ohio, and Midwest Consortium.
Email Dr. Blaszka
Associate Professor -- Sport Management
Sport Management Graduate Coordinator
Sport Management Undergraduate Internship Coordinator
A-245 Health & Human Sciences Building
Terre Haute, IN 47809