Council on Inclusive Excellence
In October of 20016, President Daniel J. Bradley constituted a Diversity Council (now the Council on Inclusive Excellence) and charged them to:
- Assist in the development of policy related to diversity issues, the appeal of affirmative action complaints, and dispositions
- Develop recommendations to promote and maintain cultural and gender diversity among ISU employees and across positional levels
- Develop recommendations to promote recruitment and retention of minority students
- Be in compliance with Indiana Statute 21-27-5-4 requirements for such committees at Indiana’s public institutions of higher education
- Prepare and submit annual reports of findings, conclusions, and recommendations to the Board of Trustees
The 30 members of the Council represent a broad cross-section of the university community (graduate and undergraduate students, alumni, faculty, and exempt and non-exempt staff) and representatives from the Terre Haute community.