Students may request an extension of studies for reasons such as health problems, changes in major, or other unforeseen problems. Extensions are granted in situations where the student has to complete studies on time. F-1 students who will not complete their program of study by the end date on their I-20 need to request a program extension from Center for Global Engagement within 30 days before the document expires.
- Have maintained status throughout academic career
- Made normal progress toward completing program
- Was unable to complete studies by end date on I-20
- Have a compelling reason for delay in completion of studies
- Proof of financial support for additional time requested
- Request submitted to the Center for Global Engagement 30 days before the current I-20 expires
For more information contact, please contact you immigration advisor:
Maria Chaqra at firstname.lastname@example.org
El Houcin Chaqra at email@example.com
Jennifer Mcclure at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below to download the form.