Orientation for Families of First-Year Students
Family Orientation is an optional but separate program that takes place at the same time as New Student Orientation. Our Family Orientation program is designed to give you the information you need to support your student during their time at Indiana State University. During Family Orientation, you will be able to gather information about campus services and resources, hear about academic expectations, and speak with current students and staff.
- Indiana State University's campus is within walking distance of two hotels in the downtown area of Terre Haute. Be sure to mention that you're in town for orientation in order to receive a discounted rate. Contact information for these hotels can be found on the overnight accommodations page.
What to expect
Where to go
Meals for family members
- Lunch is available for purchase in the Hulman Memorial Student Union
- For dinner and breakfast we encourage you to explore dining options in Terre Haute
What should I bring
- Check out What to Bring to Orientation
- Paper and pen for taking notes
What is there for me
- Family Orientation will begin at 8:00 a.m. with an opportunity to mingle with faculty, staff, and current students.
- During Family Orientation, you will receive information on how you can best support your student during their time at State.
- Family Orientation will end at 3:00 p.m. with the opportunity for a tour or to take care of campus business. The student program will end at 5:00p.m.