Orientation for Families of Transfer Students
In order to register for Family Orientation, please make sure that your student includes your information when they register for State Start-Up. You will receive additional details via email preparing you for your arrival prior to Family Orientation. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you have.
Indiana State University's campus is within walking distance of two hotels in the downtown area of Terre Haute. Be sure to mention that you're in town for orientation in order to receive a discounted rate. If staying the night in Terre Haute, we encourage you to explore everything it has to offer.
What to expect
Where to go
Meals for family members
- Lunch is available for purchase in the Hulman Memorial Student Union
- For dinner and breakfast we encourage you to explore dining options in Terre Haute
What should I bring
- Check out What to Bring to Orientation
- Paper and pen for taking notes
What is there for me
- Family Orientation will begin at 8:00 a.m. with an opportunity to mingle with staff and current students.
- During Family Orientation, you will receive information on how you can best support your student during their time at State.
- Family Orientation will end at 3:00 p.m. with the opportunity for a tour or to take care of campus business. The student program will end at 5:00p.m.