First-Year State Start-Up
First-Year State Start-Up is specifically designed for students entering college for the first time. During State Start-Up, students will gain useful insights about their academic major, obtain their Sycamore ID card, register for first semester courses, and learn about campus resources. This is also a great opportunity to meet other students, faculty, and staff. All first-year students are required to attend State Start-Up. A separate family orientation program will be available during the student's program but is not required.
1. Activate your Sycamore Login via the MyISU Student Portal:
- Your University ID Number can be found on your Letter of Admission.
2. Register for State Start-Up using your University Username and password. State Start-Up Registration
- Usernames are typically the first letter of your first name, with your last name, and possibly a digit. For example, Sycamore Sam's login may be ssam17. Sam's full email address would be email@example.com.
- Be sure to click "Submit" at the end to make sure your spot is saved. Confirmation and reminder emails will be sent to your University email account and to registered family member emails. If you don't see an email, check your spam folder for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Complete the State Start-Up checklist.
If you’re having difficulty registering for State Start-Up, contact the Office of New Student Transition Programs:
- Call 1.800.GO.TO.ISU
- Email email@example.com
All students will be charged a non-refundable New Student fee on their student bill.