First-Year New Student Orientation
First-Year New Student Orientation is specifically designed for students entering college for the first time. During orientation, students will gain useful insights about their academic major, obtain their Sycamore ID card, register for first semester courses, and learn about campus resources. This is also a great opportunity to meet other students, faculty, and staff. All first-year students are required to attend New Student Orientation. A separate family orientation program will be available during the student's orientation program but is not required.
1. Activate your Sycamore Login via the MyISU Student Portal:
- Your University ID Number can be found on your Letter of Admission.
2. Register for New Student Orientation using your University Username and password.
- Usernames are typically the first letter of your first name, with your last name, and possibly a digit. For example, Sycamore Sam's login may be ssam17. Sam's full email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to click "Submit" at the end to make sure your spot is saved. Confirmation and reminder emails will be sent to your University email account.
3. Complete the orientation checklist.
If you’re having difficulty registering for orientation, contact the Office of New Student Transition Programs:
- Call 1.800.GO.TO.ISU
- Email email@example.com
All students will be charged a non-refundable New Student Orientation fee on their student bill.