First-Year State Start-Up
State Orientation is a three-part experience specifically designed for students entering college for the first time. State Start-Up is the beginning of this experience and will prepare you to hit the ground running when you come to campus for State Engage, followed by State Welcome.
During State Start-Up, students will gain useful insights about their academic major, finalize their registration for first semester courses, and learn about campus resources. This is also a great opportunity to meet other students and staff. All first-year students are required to attend State Start-Up. A separate family orientation program is also available but is not required.
1. Activate your Sycamore Login via the MyISU Student Portal:
- Your University ID Number can be found on your Letter of Admission.
2. Confirm your enrollment and Register for State Start-Up. Orientation Registration
- Usernames are typically the first letter of your first name, with your last name, and possibly a digit. For example, Sycamore Sam's login may be ssam17. Sam's full email address would be email@example.com.
- Be sure to click "Submit" at the end to make sure your spot is saved. Confirmation and reminder emails will be sent to your University email account and to registered family member emails. If you don't see a confirmation email right away, check your spam folder for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Complete the State Start-Up checklist.
If you’re having difficulty registering for State Start-Up, contact the Office of New Student Transition Programs:
- Call 1.800.GO.TO.ISU
- Email email@example.com
All students will be charged a non-refundable New Student fee on their student bill.