Transfer Student Orientation
Transfer New Student Orientation is a one-day program specifically for students who are new to Indiana State University but have some experience and previous coursework at a community college or other four-year institution. Students with dual credit and College Challenge credits only are still considered first-year (freshman) students. All new transfer students are required to attend orientation. Families and guests of students are encouraged to attend but not required.
All new transfer students will be assessed an orientation fee of $45 on their first e-bill. No fees are due at the time you register for orientation.
REGISTER FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Step 1: Activate your MyISU Portal.
- Your University ID number can be found on your Letter of Acceptance from the Office of Admissions or your invitation to New Student Orientation.
- Note the detailed requirements when choosing your password.
- Once your Login is activated, your username will be displayed. Keep both your username and password in a safe place. You will use this often throughout college. Usernames are typically the first letter of your first name, with your last name, and possibly a digit. For example, Sycamore Sam's Sycamore Login may be ssam17. Sam's full email address would be email@example.com.
Step 2: Register for New Student Orientation using your new MyISU portal login and password: Register Online!
- Be sure to click "Submit" at the end to make sure your spot is saved. Confirmation and reminder emails will be sent to your Sycamore Email Account.
Step 3: Access your Sycamore Email and check it often.
- You will receive a confirmation email with more details about New Student Orientation.
- Your University email is how the University will send you most official communication so please be sure to check it often.
Step 4: Read more about Transfer New Student Orientation
- Complete your checklist.
- Read other important orientation information which can be found on the right-hand-side links.
If you're having difficulty registering for Orientation, please call the Office of New Student Transition Programs, toll-free at 1-800-GO-TO-ISU or (812) 237-2121 or email.
All transfer students will be assessed a fee on their first e-bill for new student orientation. No fees are due at the time you register for orientation.