Frequently Asked Questions
Anyone with an 'Ask Me' nametag is more than happy to assist you.
When can I start using my meal plan?
You can use your meal plan starting on Friday, August 17 in Sycamore Dining, Lincoln Dinning, and the Commons. Meals are at various times throughout the day. Read more to see hours of operation and for more information.
When can I go to the Student Recreation enter?
- You can access the Student Recreation Center (SRC) starting on Friday, August 17 during open hours. Please click here for more information and to view holiday hours.
Are all Fall Welcome events mandatory?
- While not all Fall Welcome events are mandatory, some of them are important and vital for your success here at STATE. The events that you must attend are marked as REQUIRED. We encourage you to attend more than just the required events, as they will help in making ISU feel like a home away from home. Please view the Fall Welcome Schedule here.
But I’m a commuter student, do I have to attend Fall Welcome events?
- We understand that driving to and from campus when you don’t have class sounds like a buzzkill. The events that you must attend are marked as REQUIRED and are vital for your success here at STATE. Other events, such as those in the evening serve as a great opportunity to meet other students. Please view the Fall Welcome Schedule here.
What if I’m a transfer student, do I really need to attend Fall Welcome events?
- As a transfer student, you are not required to attend Fall Welcome events. However, we would encourage you to join us for the required events as they provide information for students who are new to STATE. Plus, there will be plenty of prizes to win and giveaways to grab, so you wouldn’t want to miss a chance to meet new people and grab some swag. Please view the Fall Welcome Schedule here.
Do I need a parking permit to park on campus?
- Yes, if you are planning to park on campus, then you should purchase a parking permit. It is recommended that you purchase a parking permit online here. There is a $15 charge for permits that are purchased in the office. Please note that there are a variety of permits available for different types of lots. For more information about parking on campus, please click here.
- If you are only looking to park on campus for move-in (Friday-Sunday, August 17, 18, & 19) then you do not need to purchase a parking permit. Please refer to the move-in instructions found here. Parking will return to normal operation on Monday, August 21.
Where can I pick up my parking permit?
- Wait. Have you purchased your parking permit yet? If you are looking purchase a parking permit, it is recommended that you purchase a parking permit online here. There is a $15 charge for permits that are purchased in the office. Simply have your parking permit delivered to your ISU address. Otherwise, view your confirmation email for details on when to pick up your permit (typically 2 business days). Click here for business hours.
- Please note that there are a variety of permits available for different types of lots. For more information about parking on campus, please click here.
Where and when can I pick up my Laptop/iPad?
- Scholarship laptops/iPads can be picked up at the John W. Moore Welcome Center Friday and Saturday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Be sure to bring two forms of ID with you!
- Rental laptops can be picked up in Stalker Hall, Room 009 Friday, Saturday, and Monday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM and Sunday 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Payment and ID are required at pick up.
- Click here for more information.
I didn’t get the roommate/room that I wanted, when can I move?
- There is a temporary freeze on all room/roommate changes for the first 2 weeks of the semester. We encourage you to approach this new experience with an open mind, you never know who may become your best friend. If after two weeks you would like to move you are encouraged to have a conversation with your roommate and to also notify your RA if you have any issues. Any other housing questions should be directed to the Office of Residential Life which is located behind Erickson Hall.
I have changed my mind about my meal plan. Can I get a different one?
- If you have questions regarding meal plans please contact Dining Services which is located behind Erickson Hall or view their website for more information. Residential students who are looking to change their meal plan can change them in the Office of Residential Life. Their office hours can be viewed here.