Welcome! We are excited you are considering Indiana State University as one of your college choices.
Transfer Equivalency Self-Service is a transfer tool that will allow you to preview how your courses from other institutions could apply towards your degree progress at Indiana State University.
If you don't find a course in our database, the course may not have been evaluated yet by Indiana State University faculty. Once you have been admitted to Indiana State University, an official transfer evaluation will be completed.
To use the Indiana State University Transfer Tool (ensure pop-up are enabled on your browser):
- Login! You can login anonymously, or create an account. This account is not required but can be helpful if you wish to review the information you've entered in the future.
- Answer a few questions. You will be asked to fill in some details on your planned matriculation at ISU: when you plan to attend, which major and minor (if any) you plan to pursue, etc.
- Enter the courses you've taken. You will be asked to enter each of the courses you've taken at other institutions: where you took them, when, what grade you received, and other details.
- View your degree audit. Entering course information will allow you to view what your prospective degree audit looks like at Indiana State University. You'll see which courses may be applied to your Foundational Studies requirements, major/minor requirements, and which courses may be accepted for credit but may be applied as elective credit.
Questions regarding transfer credit or assistance using the transfer tool can be sent to the Office of Admissions, 812-237-2121.
- Completion of the Indiana State General Education Core, any Indiana Transfer Single-Articulation Pathway, approved Associate degree programs, or any program with an articulation agreement may complete some Foundational Studies and/or Major requirements.
- More detailed information can be found on Indiana State's transfer credit policies at Transfer Guidelines.
- Current ISU students should always plan with their advisors before taking courses at other institutions to meet their degree requirements at ISU.
- Transfer Equivalency Self-Service uses the same database of transfer equivalencies that ISU uses to evaluate transfer credit.
- ISU reserves the right to make changes to these equivalencies.