You are here
Online Electronics Engineering Technology B.S.
With the ever-changing world of technology, tech-savvy professionals are needed now more than ever. With the bachelor of science (B.S.) degree in electronics engineering technology from Indiana State University, you'll gain the knowledge, skills, and expertise you need for highly technical and professional careers.
This online B.S. in electronics engineering technology is designed for transfer students and focuses on basic technical areas, foundational studies, management, mathematics, computer science, and specialized technology. You'll learn online from full-time, dedicated faculty members at Indiana State who bring a broad range of real-world experience to you.
The online bachelor's in electronics engineering technology is designed for transfer students. Specific freshman and sophomore courses (listed below) must have been completed. To be admitted to the program, the applicant must be admitted to the University as a degree-seeking student and satisfy the following:
- An associate of science (A.S.) in electronics technology from Ivy Tech Community College or Vincennes University
Or completion of an A.S. or A.A.S. in electronics technology (or closely related field) from a regionally accredited institution that meets the equivalent of the department's 100-200 level requirements for the electronics engineering technology major
Electronics Engineering Technology: completion of the following courses (24 credits) that are only offered on the Terre Haute campus. Students must have these courses prior to admission or the courses must be taken at the student's local college, with prior approval from the department chair, and transferred to Indiana State University upon completion.
- ECT 130 Introduction to Electronics and Computer Technology
- ECT 165 D.C. Circuits and Design
- ECT 167 A.C. Circuits and Design
- ECT 221 Circuit Analysis I
- ECT 231 Digital Computer Logic
- ECT 232 Digital Computer Circuits
- MET 103 Introduction to Technical Graphics with CAD
- MET 329 Fluid Power Technology and Laboratory
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (C average) in all college level studies
Careers in Electronics Engineering Technology
This online bachelor's degree in electronics engineering technology will prepare you for highly technical and professional careers in:
- Electrical power operations
- Electronics manufacturing
- Instrumentation and control
- Technical sales and field services
Indiana State Online Students Residing Outside of Indiana: While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU online programs may not be available in all states, U.S. territories, or Canadian Provinces. To check the status of programs available in a particular state, U.S. Territory, or Canadian Province, visit program availability.
Select Indiana State University online programs are open to U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses. Check specific program availability in regard to programs which require clinical rotations.
All programs are closed to all students residing in any other jurisdictions.