You are here
Online Mechanical Engineering Technology B.S.
With the online bachelor of science (B.S.) in mechanical engineering technology at Indiana State University, you can focus on two integrated areas: design and management. The design area concentrates on the design of mechanical tools, machines, and products. The management area prepares you to manage people, resources, and systems related to mechanical engineering and manufacturing.
The degree-completion portion, the last two years, of the B.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology is 100% online at Indiana State University. You are required to meet all the prerequisites prior to beginning classes. Classes in the program will include cooperative industrial practice, tool and design, engineering analysis and elements of machine design. Your instructors are dedicated faculty at Indiana State University.
The online bachelor's in mechanical engineering technology is designed for transfer students. Specific freshman and sophomore courses (listed below) must have been completed. To be admitted, the applicant must be admitted to the University as a degree-seeking student and satisfy the following:
- An associate of applied science (A.A.S.) or an associate of science (A.S.) in design technology, mechanical engineering technology, or a related major from a regionally accredited college or university.
- The following Mechanical Engineering Technology program courses are only offered on the Terre Haute campus. Students must have these courses (or equivalents) prior to admission, or the courses must be taken at the student's local college, with prior approval from the department chair, and transferred to Indiana State University upon completion.
- MET 329 Fluid Power Technology and Laboratory (on campus)
- MFG 370 Fundamentals of Manufacturing Processes (on campus)
- MFG 371 Manufacturing Processes and Materials (on campus)
Careers in Mechanical Engineering Technology
The online bachelor's in mechanical engineering technology from Indiana State will prepare you to enter careers in:
Indiana State Online Students Residing Outside of Indiana: While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU online programs may not be available in all states, U.S. territories, or Canadian Provinces. To check the status of programs available in a particular state, U.S. Territory, or Canadian Province, visit program availability.
Select Indiana State University online programs are open to U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses. Check specific program availability in regard to programs which require clinical rotations.
All programs are closed to all students residing in any other jurisdictions.
Indiana State Online
Chestnut Building 412
Indiana State University