You are here
International State Orientation is specifically designed for all (transfer and first year) incoming international students. All International students are required to attend all components of State Orientation.
During State Orientation, students will gain useful insights about their academic major, adapting to life at ISU and Terre Haute, immigration information and getting connected to campus resources, and how to register for classes. This is also a great opportunity to meet other students, staff and faculty. Prior to joining us for State Orientation please complete the following list:
1. Activate your Sycamore Login via the MyISU Student Portal.
- Your University ID Number can be found in your email of Admission.
- Use the email address provided when applying to Indiana State.
2. Register for State Orientation in your New Student Dashboard. Registration for spring programs opens in October and registration for summer/fall programs opens in December.
- Confirmation and reminder emails will be sent only to your University email account and to registered family member emails. If you don't see a confirmation email right away, check your spam folder for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your confirmation emails will contain the following information:
Date, time, and location of check-in
Meals covered during programming
Where to park (free of charge)
3. All students arriving from another country are encouraged to arrive on campus as early as one week before their orientation program.
4. International State Orientation will consist of two days of programming before classes begin in either the spring or fall. During International State Orientation, you will:
- Complete your required English Placement Exam.
- Meet with staff from the Office of Admission for an immigration seminar.
- Meet with staff from our Multicultural Services and Programs.
- Meet with other new students, learn about academic expectations, hear from Residential Life or Commuter Life, and learn about involvement opportunities.
- Meet with an academic advisor to schedule classes and get your Student ID.