Important notifications regarding commencement, graduation, status of your application for graduation, etc. will be sent to your ISU email account. Check your account regularly.
Honors achievements of graduating seniors are recognized by Indiana State University at commencement, on diplomas, and on transcripts. Honors are granted to baccalaureate candidates who meet the GPA requirements below.
- Summa Cum Laude - grade point average of 3.90 or higher.
- Magna Cum Laude - grade point average of 3.70 through 3.89
- Cum Laude - grade point average of 3.50 through 3.69
- This honors GPA is not identical to your ISU GPA. It also includes all academic courses from all accredited institutions you've attended, converted to ISU's grading scale. Courses for which Academic Renewal was approved will also be included, even though they are not included in your ISU GPA.
- Students must complete a minimum of 55 semester hours of resident credit at Indiana State, and at least a 3.50 GPA at Indiana State to be considered for honors.
- Students must apply for graduation early enough to allow time for their consideration for graduation honors. Students applying after this time will not have their honor printed in the commencement booklet or announced at the commencement ceremony.
- For commencement, honors will be determined by the honors GPA that can be calculated at the close of the preceding term.
Office of Registration and Records
Parsons Hall Room 009
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
8:00am - 4:30pm MTWF
9:00am - 4:30pm TR