Proxy Access - For Student
Student logs into MYISU Portal
Goes to Student Self-Service Badge
Self Service Menu
- Proxy Access
Proxy Management Link- Clicking this link will take student to FERPA Acknowledgement
Once checked student will be directed to the Proxy Management page
Student will then “Add Proxy”
Required Fields include: First Name, Last Name and Email Address
Student will immediately receive the New Proxy email
Proxy will immediately receive two emails at the same time as well: New Proxy and New Relationship
Student will then need to go in and click “Expand (Proxy Name)
Here the student will need to :
- Set the Relationship (required)
- Set a Description (optional) i.e. Mom, Dad, Coach, Boss
- Set a Passphrase (optional) * Please note this must be done if student wants to authorize proxy to have communication with Indiana State*
- Set Start and Stop Dates (optional) if a student wishes for a proxy to have access for only a limited time this date can be adjusted. The default timeframe is 5 years.
- Student can email Passphrase to Proxy by clicking “Email Passphrase” student and Proxy will receive email notification.
- Student can reset PIN by clicking “Reset PIN” student and Proxy will receive email notification.
- Student can completely delete the Proxy Relationship by clicking “Delete Proxy Relationship” student and Proxy will receive email notification.
- Set the Relationship (required)
The student will then go to the next tab: “Authorizations”
- This will be where the student sets up which options they want the proxy to have access. PLEASE NOTE: there is no save or submit option on this page. All information auto-saves
The next two tabs are informational only
- "History" - Student can view a comprehensive list of all authorizations that have been set for a proxy
- "Communications" - Student can view a comprehensive list of all emails that have been sent to a proxy. PLEASE NOTE: this is where the student has the ability to resend any of these communications to their proxy
Definition of Authorizations
- Student Schedule by Day and Time: Classes student is registered for and when they meet.
- Order Textbooks: Access to order textbooks via the bookstore website for student’s classes.
- Withdrawal Information: All information regarding a withdrawal including percentage of refund, dates, and what will be on the official transcript.
- Registration Status: Is student fulltime, part-time, etc.
- Student Advisor Information: Advisors name, location, and contact information.
- View Holds: All information regarding holds on the students’ account.
- Midterm Grades: Access to know all midterm grades reported for the student.
- Final Grades: Access to know all final grades reported for the student.
- Unofficial Academic Transcript: Allows Proxy to view the unofficial transcript via the portal. Official transcripts may only be obtained by the student.
- Enrollment and Degree Verification: Allows Proxy to view and print enrollment verification through the portal with the service provided by the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Co-curricula Record: Allows Proxy to view co-curricular record via the portal.
- Degree Audit Tools: Allows Proxy to view MySAM via the portal.
- Account Summary by Term: Ability to view a breakdown of students’ bill term by term.
- View Account and Pay Bill: Ability to view students’ current bill and a link to the account suite where the bill can be paid.
- Pay Residence Life Application Fee: Allows Proxy to pay fee for student housing application.
- 1098T: Allows Proxy to view and print 1098T form.
- Financial Aid Status-By Year: Ability to view financial aid status including aid awarded, missing information, etc.
- View Address and Phones: Access to view address and phone numbers listed on students’ record.
- View Email Addresses: Access to view email address student has listed on their record.
- View Emergency Contacts: Access to view who the student has listed as emergency contacts.
Office of Registration and Records
Parsons Hall Room 009
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Walk-in Office Hours:
Monday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone lines available:8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. MTWF
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. R