You are here
Arrival Fall 2021
Welcome to Indiana State University! We're excited to have you on campus for the 2021-2022 academic school year. While we are excited to return to a more robust and exciting arrival period and residential experience, we still have several safety procedures in place to ensure a safe and successful arrival experience for all. This information below will give you everything you need for a safe and successful arrival experience!
Our primary concern is the health and safety of the residents of our community, their guests and our residential life team. To ensure a safe arrival experience as we return to normal operations, please note the following:
- We have planned an extended arrival period to welcome students to campus. Arrival for incoming new students begins on Sunday, August 8 and ends Saturday, August 14 at noon. Returners may schedule arrival appointments beginning Sunday, August 8 and continuing through Monday, August 16.
- In early July, students will receive email instructions on signing up for their arrival appointment. Students will need to go into their housing portal to select an arrival period that works for their schedule. Students participating in the LEAD, Integr8, Eco-Rep, I-Succeed or Project Success communities will need to schedule their arrival appointments on Sunday, August 8 in order to arrive in time for the start of their programs.
- Students may only bring 2 guests with them to assist in moving into the residence halls.
- Students should plan to arrive at their scheduled appointment time. Students will have one hour to unload their vehicles before needing to relocate their car so that the next scheduled appointment can unload.
- Students must bring your Sycamore ID in order to check into their building/room.
- Students and guests that are fully vaccinated are not required to wear masks on campus and in the residence halls. For students and guests who are not fully vaccinated, you are required to wear an appropriate face covering throughout arrival and in all of our residential facilities outside the student's private room.
To promote physical distancing and reduce crowd sizes during move-in, ResLife has extended move-in to include August 8th-14th at noon for incoming students, and August 8th-16th for returning students.
Students MUST select a move-in time slot in their housing portal. Students will be able to select their arrival appointment in early-mid July. Check your sycamore email for more information.
To check-in, students MUST have their Sycamore ID with them. Students can request their Sycamore ID using the link below and selecting the "Sycamore ID" tab and following the prompts.
BEFORE YOU COME
- Select your move-in appointment
- Make sure you have requested your Sycamore ID
- Register any devices that will need to use the internet (your computer, phone, gaming system) with the Office of Information Technology
- Check your housing assignment in your housing portal
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You can enter campus by following signs posted on the streets, and following our Move-In Map below!
- Students returning to upperclass residence halls will receive building specific information via their Sycamore Email for how to check-in and receive their key.
- You may bring up to TWO (2) guests to help with move-in. All vaccinated students and their guests are not required to wear face coverings anywhere on campus. Students and guests that are not fully vaccinated are required to wear appropriate face-coverings and all residential areas except in the student's private residence hall room. For the health and safety of our communities, we ask all students and their guests to abide by these guidelines.
- A limited number of carts will be available for check-out until gone. We encourage families to bring their own dollies to assist with moving belongings into their rooms.
- We will continue to observe physical distancing during arrival. Please be sure to leave some space between your group and other groups arriving on campus while in the lobbies, hallways, and waiting for the elevators. We ask that we limit the occupancy in the elevator to help provide some physical space between groups. A reduced capacity may be in place in some areas of our residential halls.
- Signs and floor decals will direct you where to stand and which direction to move.
- You will have one hour to get your items unloaded and into your room. Once unloaded, you will move your vehicle to a designated parking area. This eases traffic congestion and allows students to easily access the building to unload during their scheduled arrival appointment.
- If you rented a bed loft or micro-fridge, these will be waiting in your room for you when you get here.
- Meal plans will begin Sunday, August 8 for brunch and run through move-in week.
WHAT TO BRING
- A tarp or other covering for your items
- A dolly or cart for large items - one cart will be provided for moving in, while supplies last
- Please bring an appropriate face covering if you or your guest are not fully vaccinated or if you feel more comfortable wearing a face covering while on campus.
For a full list of items to bring, check out our "What to Bring" page at the link below: