You are here
Eco Reps (Application Required)
Who Are We?
The Eco-Rep living-learning community is a unique community at Indiana State University because Eco-Reps do not live together on one floor or in one building. Instead, eco-reps are spread throughout campus. Students who participate in the eco-rep living-learning community have an interest in learning more about sustainability and have a desire to be a campus leader and peer-educator about sustainability on campus. Members of this community will have an opportunity to learn behind-the-scenes about Indiana State University and the Office of Residential Life's commitment to sustainability. As part of this community, students have the opportunity to partner with faculty, staff, and students to make real changes that impact the health of our planet, plan exciting events, and encourage peers to get involved.
Undergraduate students with a passion, or even just an interest, in learning about sustainability, a desire to teach their ability to lead others and make significant change, and a willingness to commit to the program for an academic year are encouraged to apply.
The Eco-Rep living-learning community is an Academic Learning Community sponsored by the Office of Residential Life in collaboration with the Campus Sustainability Office. Students interested in living in this community must meet/participate in the following requirements:
- Be admitted to ISU
- Apply for housing for the 2016-2017 year by May 1st
- Enroll in a University 101 class that will meet Monday and Wednesdays from 3:30 - 4:45. If accepted to the community, your academic advisor will enroll you in this class at orientation.
- Enroll in Environmental Science 110 (A Foundational Studies Course). If accepted into the community, your academic advisor will enroll you in this class at orientation.
- Participate in a training program prior to first-year student move-in. Students will be required to move in on Sunday, August 14th, 2016.
- In the spring, participate in bi-weekly training meetings for 1 hour.
- Participate in developing student events and activities about sustainability over the course of the year.
To apply for the Eco-rep living-learning community, follow this link. All applications must be submitted by May 1st, 2016.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Telephone Residential Life: (812) 237-3993 or toll-free (888) 824-3920
Residential Life Office
218 N 6th St.
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Fax: (812) 237-8525
Residence Hall Front Desk Numbers
Blumberg (812) 237-2420
Cromwell (812) 237-2354
Rhoads (812) 237-6222
Mills (812) 237-5999
Burford (812) 237-5371
Pickerl (812) 237-6111
Erickson (812) 237-3031
Sandison (812) 237-2068
Hines (812) 237-5666
Jones (812) 237-5777
Lincoln Quad (812) 237-5888
500 Wabash (812) 237-5990
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Telephone UA Office: (812) 237-2443
University Apartment Office
Box 107 201 Crawford Street
Terre Haute, IN 47807
Fax: (812) 237-4943
UA After Hours Duty Line: (812) 229-2041
Sunday - Thursday 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Weekends 24 hours
Holidays 24 hours