You are here
The Office of Residential Life will no longer be accepting new family housing applications for Fall 2020.
For purposes of residing in the Family Apartments at University Apartments, a family will be defined as the following:
- Legally married spouse
- Single student requiring an escort
- Committed Couples (must meet the following criteria):
- Landlord verification that they have previously lived together for the duration of more than 6 months
- Bank statement indicating a joint account (must have been opened 6 months prior to application date)
- Credit card/financial statements indicating fiscal interdependence (must have been opened 6 months prior to application date)
- Shared custody of a dependent child(ren)
- Other Family Member
- Must provide documentation of financial/medical/sponsorship
- Must be living with the tenant for 50% of the academic year
Family residents are required to notify Residential Life if their situation changes to single status at any point during the contract period.
All family members residing in the apartment must be listed on the application and/or added to the lease. Family members living with the student must disclose any past criminal records. The Office of Residential Life reserves the right to refuse housing to an individual based on their past criminal record.
Occupancy Limits for Families
- Family with one dependent child under the age of 2
- Couple with no dependent children
- Three adults (couple and one additional adult)
- One couple with 1 dependent child over the age of 2
- One couple with 2 dependent children
- Family with more than 3 dependent children
- Maximum occupancy is 6 individuals
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Telephone Residential Life: (812) 237-3993 or toll-free (888) 824-3920
Residential Life Office
218 N 6th St.
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Fax: (812) 237-8525
Residence Hall Front Desk Numbers
Blumberg (812) 237-2420
Cromwell (812) 237-2354
Rhoads (812) 237-6222
Mills (812) 237-5999
Burford (812) 237-5371
Pickerl (812) 237-6111
Erickson (812) 237-3031
Sandison (812) 237-2068
Hines (812) 237-5666
Jones (812) 237-5777
Lincoln Quad (812) 237-5888
500 Wabash (812) 237-5990
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Telephone UA Office: (812) 237-2443
University Apartment Office
Box 107 201 Crawford Street
Terre Haute, IN 47807
Fax: (812) 237-4943
UA After Hours Duty Line: (812) 229-2041
Sunday - Thursday 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Weekends 24 hours
Holidays 24 hours