Warren M. Anderson Scholarship
Warren M. Anderson was a graduate of Indiana State Normal School, majoring in education. Anderson, who had the highest grade point average among varsity athletes, was awarded the Hines Medal in 1926. He went on to serve as principal of Gary Roosevelt High School in Gary, Indiana and served as the first African American member of the Indiana Board of Education.
Indiana State University is dedicated to teaching and the creation of knowledge while maintaining its longstanding commitment to inclusiveness, community and public service, and access to higher education.
The Warren M. Anderson Scholarship is awarded to individuals who demonstrate a continued commitment to academic excellence. Special consideration will be given to students who have demonstrated experience in or commitment to working with historically underserved or underprivileged populations or experience living or working in diverse environments.
2021-2022 Warren M. Anderson Scholarship Information:
- Full in-state tuition
- Ten awards available
- Renewable for up to three additional years
- Admission deadline: February 1
- Requirements (listed below) must be satisfied by February 1.
- Open to Indiana and out-of-state residents
- Not open to international, online-only, or returning ISU students
- All incoming freshmen who are admitted to the University by February 1 and meet the criteria listed below will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Scholarship application must be submitted by February 1.
- To be awarded this scholarship, students must be entering ISU fall semester.
For consideration, candidates must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. Candidates must also have completed the FAFSA.
To view the rules and regulations governing this scholarship, see rules and regulations.
It is to the candidate's advantage to be admitted early because this scholarship is limited in number and awarded on a rolling basis.
To apply for admission to Indiana State University, see apply.
Note on combining scholarships: Students who qualify for the Warren M. Anderson Scholarship may qualify for other awards. For details, see combining.