State Works Award
The State Works Award embodies social and community engagement. With this award, you will receive work experience, collect spending money, and reduce your student loans. Learn more about student employment through the Career Center.
- A $1,000 ($500 per semester) textbook award for State's Barnes & Noble bookstore
- An on-campus job opportunity working a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Half of your earnings go directly to your bank account
- Half of your earnings will go toward your unpaid student balance
"My State Works position is going great! I love my job in Normal Hall. I believe I am surrounded by some of the greatest people on campus."
-- Daryn Wessel, undeclared major, working at University College
To remain eligible for State Works you must:
- Be in good academic standing
- Have good conduct status
- Maintain employment
- Meet program requirements
You are eligible for State Works if you meet the following criteria:
- are a first-time, new freshman in fall 2018;
- are an Indiana resident;
- are unconditionally admitted to Indiana State University;
- have completed your FAFSA by the State of Indiana deadline; and
- have demonstrated financial need.
State Works will be awarded to the first 150 eligible students who accept the terms of the award.
If you are interested in this opportunity, visit our scholarship page, The Branch, and complete the form by June 1. Please note: spots may fill before this date.
You will complete the job placement process during your New Student Orientation this summer and be ready to start when classes begin in the fall.