Sycamore Teacher Leader Scholarship
2019-2020 Sycamore Teacher Leader Scholarship Information
- Full in-state tuition
- Additional $3,000 professional development account to be utilized over the four years
- Ten scholarships are awarded each year.
- Renewable for up to three additional years
- Open to Indiana and out-of-state residents
- Not open to international, online-only, transfer, or returning ISU students
- Admission deadline: December 1
- Requirements (listed below) must be satisfied by December 1.
- Scholarship application must be submitted by December 15. Application opens October 1.
- To be awarded this scholarship, students must be entering ISU fall semester.
Sycamore Teacher Leader Scholarships are for students in the Bayh College of Education who intend to major in elementary, secondary, or special education. These scholars will become the next teacher leaders and be part of the Bayh College of Education's Scholars to Teachers (BEST) Program.
To be eligible to apply, students must be admitted as an incoming freshmen to Indiana State University. Qualified students must possess:
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- An 1170 SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math) or 24 ACT
- Demonstrated leadership success and a history of community engagement and service
To view the rules and regulations governing this scholarship, see rules and regulations.
To apply for admission to Indiana State University, see apply.
Note on combining scholarships: Students who qualify for the Sycamore Teacher Leader Scholarship may qualify for other awards. For details, see combining.