Outside Scholarship Procedures

Many students are awarded scholarships by local community organizations to be used towards their educational expenses. Any scholarship that is from a source besides Indiana State University or the federal or state governments is what we call an "outside scholarship." These awards are a component of your total financial need and in calculating your eligibility for financial assistance.

You must follow these procedures to report an outside scholarship to Indiana State:

  • Complete the Scholarship Notification Form.
  • Submit outside scholarship checks to:

    Office of the Controller
    Parsons Hall
    Indiana State University
    Terre Haute, IN 47809

Make sure that the student's full name and University ID number are written on the check and that the check is signed.