Faculty/Staff Mentor Expectations
• Serve as a mentor to 1 or 2 first-year students throughout the freshman year.*
Some mentors participate in group mentoring, 4 to 6 mentees.
• Contact mentee(s) at least twice per month, and preferably weekly, by email, phone, or face-to-face meeting.
For group mentoring, arrange meetings as schedules permit. Perhaps there might be 2 different times/days for mentoring set. The schedule is entirely up to the mentor and what he/she arranges with the students. It is desirable that the number of contact times for each mentee be at least twice per month, weekly preferred.
• Assist students in their transition to college by providing information, nonjudgmental support, and an environment of inclusion.
• Serve as a role model for students.
• Be available to students.
• Maintain professional and appropriate relationships with students.
• Demonstrate pride in Indiana State University and share the best of the ISU experience with students.