Indiana State University... your home away from home!
Who is a commuter student? Indiana State University defines a commuter student as one who does not live in a residence hall on campus.
Commuter students comprise roughly 60% of the entire student population at Indiana State University! Whether you live in Terre Haute or a nearby town, at home with your parents or in an apartment just down the street, Commuter Services offers a variety of programs and services to help you connect with the Indiana State University community.
Live-On Requirement: University Housing Policy states that Freshmen (students with less than 32 earned academic hours) are required to live in University Residence Halls unless they live and commute from their parent’s home (within a 60-mile radius of campus), or have a valid exception.
Upcoming Dates and Events
Soup & Substance - 11:30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m. EST. on the following dates
- Wednesday, September 19 - Learn more about "It's on Blue!"
- Tuesday, October 2 - Become a registered voter and find where you can go to vote!
- Thursday, November 8
- Tuesday, December 4 - Finals are coming soon. Learn what the Library has to offer you!
Commuter Student Spotlight
- Do you know an outstanding commuter student? Nominate them or yourself for the Commuter Student Spotlight!
- Email the Commuter Services Coordinator, John Gettemeyer, to submit your nominations: John.Gettemeyer@indstate.edu