Indiana State University... your home away from home!
Who is a commuter student? Indiana State University defines a commuter student as one who does not live in a residence hall on campus.
Commuter students comprise roughly 60% of the entire student population at Indiana State University! Whether you live in Terre Haute or a nearby town, at home with your parents or in an apartment just down the street, Commuter Services offers a variety of programs and services to help you connect with the Indiana State University community.
Live-On Requirement: University Housing Policy states that Freshmen (students with less than 32 earned academic hours) are required to live in University Residence Halls unless they live and commute from their parent’s home (within a 60-mile radius of campus), or have a valid exception.
Upcoming Dates and Events
Sunday, August 18 | 3:00p.m. | HMSU, Dede I
Join us together and we'll head to Sycamore Welcome as a group!
- Where are My Classes?
- Monday, August 19 | 6:00p.m. - 8:00p.m. | Dede Plaza, Fountain
- Commuter Challenge
- Thursday, August 22 | 2:00p.m. - 4:00p.m. | HMSU, Commuter Lounge
- Wednesday, September 4 | 12:00p.m. - 2:00p.m. | HMSU, Campus Life (across from Starbucks)
- Commuter Appreciation Week | September 9-13
- Commuter Cash Cab | September 10 | 10:00a.m - 12:00p.m | Across Campus
- Surviving Adulting | September 11 | 12:00pm. | HMSU, Dede I
- Commuter Challenge | September 12 | 12:30p.m. - 2:30p.m. | Science Building, 2nd Floor
- Commuters Connected | September 13 | 12:00p.m. - 2:00p.m. | HMSU, Campus Life (across from Starbucks)
Commuter Student Spotlight
- Do you know an outstanding commuter student? Nominate them or yourself for the Commuter Student Spotlight!
- Email the Commuter Coordinator, John Gettemeyer, to submit your nominations: John.Gettemeyer@indstate.edu