Add/Drop a Class
Follow the instructions below to add or drop a class.
Note: Freshmen, sophomores, transfer students in their first semester at Indiana State, and students who are not in good academic standing are required to have an advisement PIN to process any registration activity. The PIN should be obtained from their academic advisors and is only valid for one semester.
Step 1: Log into MyISU Portal
To register or drop/add classes, log into the MyISU Portal using University username and password.
- Click on “Student Self Service” badge.
- Click on “Register (Add/Drop Classes)” under “Academic Resources” tab.
- Click on “Select Term.”
- Enter Advisement PIN (if applicable; see note above).
- Follow instructions for registration on the Scheduling Page.
To Drop A Class
- Click the arrow in the "Action" field to the left of the course, and click the drop option. If no options are listed, the class may not be dropped via the web.
- When finished, click "Submit Changes."
To Add a Class
- Enter the CRN in the fields provided, tabbing between fields.
- Click "Class Search" to search for a class. Several options are listed to allow the student to narrow the search. Select choices via the drop-down menus provided and click "Find Classes." Follow the instructions provided or click the "Help" link.
- When finished adding/registering, click 'Submit Changes." The student will be informed of errors (for example, closed courses, time conflicts) and will be given an opportunity to add/register for additional courses.
NOTE: Courses listed in the "Current Schedule" box are courses in which the student is officially registered. Courses listed in the "Add Classes" box are course requests. Click "Submit Changes" in order to process the request for those courses.
The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the Catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time. The right to correct errors is also reserved.