Financial Aid for Study Abroad

Interested in study abroad? Most programs qualify for financial aid eligibility while students are studying abroad. 


Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid early to determine your financial aid eligibility. All students studying abroad will need to complete a Study Abroad Course Approval Form. This form must include:

  • Study Abroad term
  • Number of courses you plan to take and total number of semester hours you will be enrolled in
  • Course numbers and titles of all enrolled classes
  • Signatures of: student, academic advisor, and ISU Study Abroad representative

In addition to the above form, students need to make sure they have a current FAFSA on file. Students who will be using loan funds to cover their expenses will need to complete an Undergraduate Stafford Loan Request Form and/or a Federal Direct Parent Plus Loan Request Form if a student's parent is borrowing funds to help with expenses.

PLEASE NOTE: Financial aid does not disburse to student accounts until 10 days prior to the study abroad class start date. Students will need to be prepared to make certain program payments in advance of receiving their financial aid. Contact the Study Abroad Director at (812) 237-3427 for more information.


Office of Student Financial Aid
Tirey Hall 150
220 North 7th Street
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809


The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the Catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time. The right to correct errors is also reserved.