Verification is a Federal process used to confirm students' eligibility for certain aid programs. Students who are selected for verification must submit information to verify the data that they provided on the FAFSA. Students selected for verification will be notified via email. Financial aid may not disburse to the student's account until verification is completed. Listed below are answers to frequently asked questions, deadlines, and instructions for submitting required documents to Indiana State University.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I see the documents I need to submit?
- Log in to the MyISU Portal and select the "Student Self-Service" tab. From here, select the "Financial Aid Alerts" tab on the right column of the website. Here you will be able to view your missing documents.
How do I provide my financial information?
- If requested, students or parents can download their IRS data into the FAFSA automatically. Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov and log in to amend your FAFSA and select the data retrieval option. [ watch optional video on how to amend FAFSA for IRS data retrieval ]
- Some applicants may be ineligible for IRS data retrieval. If you filed as "married filing separately" or your FAFSA otherwise states you are ineligible, you must request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS. To order a transcript, visit the IRS or call 1-800-908-9946. This service is free but requires 5-10 business days for delivery. [ watch optional video on how to order a transcript ]
- Further questions? See our instruction page.
I was asked to provide an official transcript from my school. What options are available for submitting this document?
- ISU participates in the online Parchment retrieval process. Visit www.parchment.com and click "share" to send your high school transcript to ISU electronically for free. Indiana residents may register for free.
- Some transfer students will be asked for college transcripts. In addition, not all high schools are listed in Parchment's online database. If this is the case, you may send an official, sealed transcript to the ISU Office of Admissions, 318 N 6th St, Terre Haute, IN 47809.
What is the timeline for processing?
- Due to the complexity of the Verification requirements, the timeline for processing is 15-20 business days, or approximately 3-4 weeks after all documents are submitted.
- Verification is a federal requirement. Approximately 34% of ISU students are selected by the U.S. Department of Education each year. Awards may not disburse until this requirement is satisfied, so apply early.
Submitting Required Documents To ISU
Indiana State University recommends that students selected for verification for 2015-2016 submit all requested documents by July 1, 2015. This allows adequate time for completing verification before bills are due for the fall semester.
Submit documents via U.S. mail, fax, or scanned and emailed to:
Office of Student Financial Aid
Indiana State University
220 N 7th St
150 Tirey Hall
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Fax: (812) 237-4330 or (812) 237-3925
To expedite processing, students should list their 991 student ID number on all documents submitted. Please try to go through your MyISU Portal before clicking here to get to PDF versions of the verification forms.
The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the Catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time. The right to correct errors is also reserved.