Most federal student aid programs require students to meet certain eligibility standards listed below.

Basic Aid Eligibility Rules
  • Have a high school diploma or GED.
  • Be admitted and enrolled in a program that leads to an associate, baccalaureate, master's, or doctorate degree.

    Note: If the student is required to take preparatory coursework for admission into a graduate or undergraduate program at ISU, the student may be eligible for a Federal Stafford Loan. If the student is seeking a first-time teaching certificate, the student may be eligible for a Federal Stafford Loan.

Ineligible Categories Include:
  • Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence (I-171 or I - 464A).
  • F1 or F2 Student Visas.
  • J1 or J2 Exchange Visitor Visas.
  • G Series Visas.
  • International students.


Office of Student Financial Aid
Tirey Hall 150
220 North 7th Street
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809


The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the Catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time. The right to correct errors is also reserved.