Staff Council Representative Duties
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in all phases of Council business.
2. Serve on at least one Standing Committee as appointed.
a. Any Representative who refuses to accept appointment to a Standing Committee shall be subject to removal from Council.
b. Members of the Executive Committee may be excused from serving on a Standing Committee
3. Attend all scheduled meetings of the Council.
4. Initiate communication among their constituents to encourage discussion of matters affecting Staff.
5. Give ample notification to their supervisor and/or department head of scheduled Council and Committee meetings. Representatives will be in regular pay status for all required Council and Committee meetings.
Terms of Membership
Membership on Council shall be for a three-year period unless completing a Representative’s vacated term. Representatives shall be elected for two consecutive terms (for a total of six consecutive years). After a one-year absence from Council, former Representatives are eligible to run for representation during the next election.
The Representative term shall begin on the first day of May following election to the Council.